Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Trouble!

For Thanksgiving, we read a story called Turkey Trouble.  Turkey is in trouble because Thanksgiving is just around the corner and he knows Farmer wants to eat him.  Turkey tries dressing up as different animals on the farm so Farmer won't be able to find him but his disguises are not very good.

After reading the story, we talked about how Turkey could have used his words to convince Farmer not to eat him.  Then we pretended we were Turkey and we wrote letters to Farmer to try to persuade him not to eat us at Thanksgiving.  This was our first attempt at persuasive writing.  How do you think we did?

Dear Farmer,
You know I am pretty quick so if you try to grab me I will run away.The oven is very very hot even if turkey is a Thanksgiving food thats good.  If you grab me I will scratch you hard.  I will call my turkey friends.


Dear Farmer,
Please please don't eat me.  I will scratch you if you do.  Eat pizza instead of turkey for Thanksgiving.   I like pizza, don't you?  I would be sad if you ate me.

Dear Farmer,
Don't never ever eat me at Thanksgiving!  I would be sad.




Do you think Turkey is able to convince Farmer not to eat him for Thanksgiving?  Check out Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano to find out what happens!



1 comment:

  1. So, so funny! I love the "eat pizza instead" line!

    ReplyDelete